----------------------------------------

sinfonia viva orchestra and happy new year

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Hype this look on Lookbook.nu and Chictopia


FIRST AND FOREMOST, I WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL, INCREDIBLE, PROSPEROUS  SAFE, MAGICAL *puts away thesaurus* HAPPY NEW YEAR. What I've learnt within the past year is that when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, so when life gives you tickets to a Sinfonia Viva (la Vida) tickets on New Year's Eve, you GROOVE 2K12 and question whether your pinky is high enough.




I met the wonderful and incredibly talented soloist/pianist, Alexandra Dariescu!


All I can say, is that this live Orchestra gig was a flippin' beautiful way to end the year. Wait, no sod that, I can say so much more! I'd say it was about 2 years ago when I learnt a fair bit about classical music, just through various telly-shows and odd reading, about pianists such as Mozart, Brahms and Strauss and some of the pieces they composed. And I'd seen some people at school and a few pianists at my poppa's old restaurant, all struttin' their stuff too. So I guess that's how I grew to have a greater-than-average appreciation for classical music in general, despite never being able to play. So when the opportunity rose, I figured that to hear something like this LIVE would be different and support this image of me being a 'culturalistic noob' , 'except I had no idea what to expect. And I can assure you, I wasn't disappointed in the slightest, in fact I was having a too-giddy and too-great of a time, taking it all in. The conductor and host, Timothy Redmond- aw that guy was the BOMB of the orchestra, and the orchestra itself consisted of a beautiful range of violins, violas, cellos, double bass, a harp, clarinet  oboes and etc. Each music piece was linked with the whole history of England, from Queen Elizabeth I's court to the Waltz to Shakespeare's plays. All of which mirrors the patriotic and strong year we've just had. And as above, Alexandra Dariescu, BBC's Rising Star 2011, performed a piano concerto, which was insanely phenomenal and beautiful, just like the lady herself! 

Gosh I had one hell of time and now undergoing post-blues of this tremendous night! Followed by fried chicken afterwards and televised fireworks, I didn't think it could have gone better! 

Wishin' y'all a very Happy New Year once again! 

click here to find me on | twitter instagram bloglovin' | facebook lookbook chictopia |

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year lovely!
    It's been such a wonderful year following your blog. Hoping 2013 will be another exciting year with you.

    *hugs*
    ~Maudleen
    www.dafashionfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous outfit! I'm seriously LOVING that bag =D Do you have twitter by any chance? It'd be great to keep in touch there to! I'd be so happy if you added me there! My ID is sensiblestylist!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovw whole this look! :)

    http://bellasstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your views - if you have any questions, please check back and I'll do my best to reply. You can also contact me, via my Contact page at the top as well.